The Red Sari is on a mission to create and sustain jobs for women in Nepal. For the women in this small South Asian country, jobs represent more than income – working liberates them from lives of isolation, builds confidence, and bestows status within their families and communities.
Here are a few things we believe in and are fiercely committed to:
• Paying a fair trade, living wage. We examine the wages paid to producers using the World of Good fair wage guide.
• Preserving culture and handicraft techniques. An elemental fusion of old and new – contemporary design and ancient handicraft techniques – is reflected in our work.
• Wearing the greenest red sari possible. We are environmentally aware and have several precycle and repurpose projects underway. We strive to use organic and natural fiber materials whenever possible.
• Supporting great working conditions for artisans, informal homeworkers and handicraft producers.
• Our Partners. We think we have the greatest design and production partners in the world!